PLEASE NOTE: The information below applies to employees in the School of Humanities and Sciences. Please consult your local HR for more information regarding winter closure policies in your School/Unit.
2022 Winter Closure Dates
The 2022 winter close will be observed from Wednesday, December 21, 2022, through Tuesday, January 3, 2023, with the following dates designated as University holidays:
- Friday, December 23, 2022
- Monday, December 26, 2022
- Monday, January 2, 2023
Regular operations will resume on Wednesday, January 4, 2023. Except where operations must continue, all areas of H&S are asked to close during this period.
The additional days off with pay may be taken on any typical workday during the close period, not an employee's regularly scheduled day off or a designated holiday. For the other regular workdays during winter close that are not designated by the University as holidays or paid days off, we recommend employees use the following options to cover closure dates:
- Floating Holiday or Available Personal Time Off (PTO) for 2022 or Accrued Vacation Time
- Time off borrowed from 2023 PTO accrual (24 hours per calendar year, which is prorated for part-time employees)
- Time off borrowed from 2023 Floating Holiday accrual (8 hours per calendar year, which is prorated for part-time employees)
- Time off borrowed from December 2022 vacation accrual, which is normally not available for use until 1/1/23 (up to one month’s accrual is permitted)
- Leave without Pay
OPERATIONS THAT ARE UNABLE TO FULLY CLOSE
As a reminder, areas that do not fully close during the closure do not receive the three additional days with pay. Areas that are fully closed should be closed, and temporary, casual and student employees should not be working during this time.
The Dean's Office is observing winter closure as follows:
- Wednesday 12/21: Vacation/PTO/Floating Holiday
- Thursday 12/22: Vacation/PTO/Floating Holiday
- Friday 12/23: HOLIDAY
- Monday 12/26: HOLIDAY
- Tuesday 12/27: Vacation/PTO/Floating Holiday
- Wednesday 12/28: Vacation/PTO/Floating Holiday
- Thursday 12/29: Additional Day with Pay
- Friday 12/30: Additional Day with Pay
- Monday 1/2: HOLIDAY
- Tuesday 1/3: Additional Day with Pay
If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Cho at email@example.com or 5-8836.