Recruiting a new staff? Below are resources that will help you in your role to onboard your new staff hire. Stanford University's Welcome Center also provides a wealth of information available for Managers and New Employees from the first day and beyond!
Before you can recruit a new employee, you will need to complete the following and submit to your HR Manager:
If this is a brand new position:
If this is a replacement position:
If this is a Waiver:
- Provide the Stanford Application and CV
- Post a Job Requisition Form
- Written Justification for waiving a posting
Once the new position or replacement job posting language is approved, the position is posted on Taleo for a minimum of 10 calendar days. For assitance with Taleo, please see the policy guidelines and job aids here.
Once a candidate has been identified:
- Discuss salary offer with your HRM
- Discuss start date with your employee
- Generate Offer Letter
- A Background Check must be requested, unless it is an internal transfer without an additional Education check
- A Search Summary Form must be completed to fully close out the posted requisition
Once the Background Check is complete, we are now ready to begin the hire process:
- Create the PeopleSoft hire webform
- Enroll your new employee in the Welcome Center
- Upload the employee's offer letter, resume, Stanford application and job description to the appropriate Box folder.